Danish Crown is owned by 8.550 farmers ensuring that our livestock suppliers have a vested interest in adjusting their production to consumer demand.
The “From Farm to Fork” principle is dynamically integrated in every process from educating our pig producers, regulating pig breeding and animal health procedures, enforcing policies on animal feed stuffs and transportation to the slaughterhouse, to the butchering process, product packaging and handling.
Consequently, the “From Farm to Fork” concept is the very foundation of Danish Crown, and is essentially what enables us to meet the demand for animal welfare and traceability because of the direct connection between Danish Crown and our cooperative members and owners.
FACTS ON THE DANISH PIG
The Danish butcher hog is world class. The Danish pig is a hybrid from three pig breeds: Danish Landrace, Danish Yorkshire and Duroc. Combining the individual qualities of these three breeds in the production of the Danish pig provides the foundation for producing healthier pigs with lower mortality rates, and a superior meat quality.
5 QUICK FACTS ON DANISH PIGS
- They are the leanest pigs in the world
- 100% gestation crate free
- The Danish pig production is enforced by the strictest environmental legislations in the world
- Danish pork is considered the cleanest meat in Europe
- Only pigs which are born and reared in Denmark are allowed to be butchered in Denmark